- What we believe in
- The UCKG in the USA
- Who's who
- Bishop Edir Macedo
- Bishops and Pastors
- Assistants and Members
- Media Ministry
- The Sisterhood
- Why go to this Church
- Money Issues
- Why do people give
- Where does the money go
- Correcting the media
- Bishop Macedo
- Church purchases
- Temple of Solomon
- More than 10,000 baptize in Mozambique
- The first UCKG cathedral in Europe
- Day of Decision in Brazil and Argentina
- Inauguration of Mexico's first cathedral
- UCKG Social work
- New Canaan farm
- HIV awareness
- Literacy Program in Angola
- Prison Distribution
- Male cancer awareness in London
This publication has been written as a definitive source of information about The Universal Church of the Kingdom of God and its work in the USA. The content has been thoroughly checked for factual accuracy and may be used by journalists wishing to write about the Church.
It contains an overview of the Church's rudimentary information including its belief system and history, while addressing its pastoral work in terms of spiritual support, services and charitable outreach. It also touches on controversial issues, misrepresentations of the press, and high-lights of the UCKG around the world.
This guide is updated from time to time as necessary. For definition of certain church language or UCKG specific terms, we have attached a glossary at the end of this guide. Glossary terms are colored blue in the text.
Please direct any additional inquiries to:
The Universal Church
247 Walnut Street
Newark, NJ 07105
Tel (973) 474-2222
- As a neo-Pentecostal Christian Church, The Universal Church of the Kingdom of God follows the teachings written in the Holy Bible.
- The Pentecostal movement started 100 years ago in California and has roots in the Methodist movement in 19th century England. It is currently the fastest growing section of the Christian faith.
- Pentecostal churches place great emphasis on the Holy Spirit (which, according to the New Testament, came upon Jesus’ disciples seven weeks after the crucifixion and resurrection that we commemorate at Easter). They believe that just as the Holy Spirit empowered the disciples at the first Pentecost, so it can empower and benefit people today.
- The Universal Church of the Kingdom of God (UCKG) is an established worldwide Pentecostal Church established in approximately 130 countries and growing.
- The UCKG held its first meeting on June 9th 1977 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- The drive behind the UCKG is to spread the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to all nations as He instructed.
- In the United States, the UCKG has established churches in 22 states with approximately 158 locations from New York to California, and 16 special services. Reaching new states in 2010, churches have opened in Louisiana and New Mexico. While large churches have opened in cities such as New York and Miami in 2009.
- The official website of the UCKG in the USA is www.universal.org.
- In the US the UCKG receives funds from regular and one time donations.
- The UCKG has several things in common with other Christian churches and denominations, as outlined in the Who We Are, What We Believe In section.